Thursday 12 March 2009

Gisele tells Harpers Bazaar she's ready for kids!

Brazillian bombshell, newlywed Gisele Bundchen is once again gracing the cover of Harpers Bazaar for the April 2009 issue. Previous covers include 2002 and 2004 issues of the stylish mag.

Inside, fans will be delighted with the in-depth interview where she offers exclusive insight into her life, openly discussing growing up, her and Bradys baby plans and just why Gisele has chosen Tom to be her husband!

I've read the article thoroughly and extracted the interesting bits for you... enjoy!

When Harpers asked about new hubby Tom Brady, Gisele has this to say: "Tom is a good guy, he has a very pure heart. He's very naive, almost like a child. That is my favorite quality about him." She continues, "One thing that I thought was so amazing when I first met him is that he is innocent. He sees the world with colored glasses. It's beautiful, but I think that is rare. I love that about him. No one else sees that. He's very strong and focused in his job, but he's so sensitive, it's amazing."

Gisele also admits to Harpers that she is now ready to become a mother and also gives us some beautiful insight into her old-fashioned values saying: "I want to have a big family, my parents have been together for 36 years, and that is what I want. I am in that place. It's all good in that part of my life. It's one part of my life that I'm learning about every day. I've been challenged a lot by it, but it's the most rewarding part."

On the subject of husband Tom's Brady's gorgeous one-year-old son, John Edward from a previous relationship with Bridget Moynaham, Gisele beams, saying, "I love kids, it's amazing that I have the opportunity to hang out with my stepson all the time." Gisele continues, "He is so kind. He loves blueberries, and every now and then my dog, Vida, tries to get some food from him. He is so nice that he will give her the blueberries first. He is so cute and has such a sweet demeanor."

Only this week this cool photo of Gisele and little John hanging out together was snapped in a park...



[photo courtesy of flyenetonline.com]

Gisele also reveals some aspects of her past which surprisingly weren't covered by the ever intrusive media at the time. She talks intimately about a very low time in her life where the point came when she needed to take half a year off work and go home to Brazil before travelling through Africa.
"I was drinking a lot of red wine, smoking a pack and a half of cigarettes a day, and eating cheeseburgers all day. I was treating my body, which is my temple and my best friend, as my worst enemy," Gisele reveals. "I was almost punishing myself. I was so tired. I was working so much, and I was numb."

Following that period of unhappiness, Gisele turned to self-help books for advice, "If you are happy, you can give happiness, if you don't love yourself and if you are unhappy with yourself, you can't give anything else but that" she adds.

About her humble up-bringing and hometown, Gisele says: "There were no traffic lights in my city, no movie theater — one hotel, and one bank, we didn't have a housekeeper, so we all cleaned the house." Giseles father (a teacher) and mother (a bank cashier) raised their six daughters while working.

Gisele was discovered at age 13 by an Elite agent at a shopping mall. "Maybe if my family had been wealthy, I wouldn't have done it, but because they weren't, I decided to go," she says. "I didn't want to leave my whole family, but my parents were working and I had five sisters, so things were challenging. I figured I could be independent and work. I thought I could take care of myself and it would be one less child for them to worry about."

The article goes on to describe Gisele's undoubtedly massive success as a model...

At the end of the interview and photoshoot, Harpers tells us that Gisele spent ages wiping off make-up, false eye-lashes and flattening her hair before wailing, "I haven't seen Tom in 10 days and now I'm going to show up like this?" Sweet girl...

Wow! Great interview! Definitely worth a magazine purchase!



Here are some of the stunning chic Harpers photoshoot pics which I'm sure will be even better on paper in the magazine...
[all photo's courtesy of Harpersbazaar.com]



























































Don't forget to check out and register free with our main site, the new and fashionable online auction site Fabricjam.com!




To read the full interview, go to the Harpers Bazaar Website using this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment