Thursday 7 May 2009

New face of Chanel Lily Allen lets loose

Mouthy British pop singer, 24 year old Lily Allen has been a little subdued over the past year, however the chart topping Londoner has started grabbing some of those headlines again.

Firstly, it was revealed last week that Lily has landed a modelling deal with design house Chanel. Lily is to front the Fall/Winter advertising campaign for the next collection of Chanel handbags. Fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld reportedly handpicked the star himself, reason as Lagerfeld told WWD: “She’s fun”.

Now Lily now seems to have taken a few tips out of Eminem's book by breaking her silence with some good old' Celebrity Bashing, targets being: Old enemy Cheryl Cole, Cheryl's husband Ashley Cole and the Beckhams.

When the media provokingly asked Lily about 'chav to chic' Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole, Lily replied with all guns blazing saying:



“She is just a bitch. She represents everything I hate. She is stupid, superficial and as ugly outside as inside.”

Lily also accused Cheryl's husband Ashley Cole of “soiling” football, adding:

“He is the worst, he disgusts me. He jumps on everything that moves. I am not criticising just to criticise, but I have met him several times. He is revolting.”
Lily Allen continued to slam footballers and their antics in general with the following analyzation:

“It’s ridiculous, I hate it. Footballers aren’t there to show off in London, but to play football. Mind you, they are probably too stupid to understand that. Especially the English ones, they go out everywhere they can find alcohol for too much money and sex for nothing.”





About the Armani modelling duo, the Beckhams, David and Victoria, Lily commented:


"The Beckhams are sickening. Everyone knows Victoria is a monster. I’d rather shoot myself between the eyes than be a WAG."
It's no secret that Cheryl Cole and Lily Allen don't get on. The feud started in 2006 when Lily mentioned Cheryl in one of the songs on her first album saying: "I wish I looked like Cheryl Tweedy". Cheryl quickly responded to the name mention saying:


“I’m really flattered Lily’s written a track about me. But I don’t know why she sings about wanting to be as pretty as me as she looks stunning. I’d like to look like her. It’s about time we had a really cool British girl out there on the music scene.”
Lily corrected any misconceptions saying that the lyric was tongue and cheek, that it was meant to be ironic. She told the media:

“It was a joke that not many people got. Of course nobody really wants to look like Cheryl, they just think they do.”
The feud started there... and both of them have been like dogs with a bone ever since. In 2007 Cheryl branded Lily "a chick with a dick" to which Lily responded on her blog:

"I think I was just having a hard time last week. After reading Cheryl Tweedys comments branding me a "chick with a dick" I was feeling pretty low. I know I've said bad things about people in the past but this I mean I may not be as pretty as you but at least I write and SING my own songs without the aid of autotune."

3 Years is a rather lengthy time to bear a grudge for, think it's time to make friends girls!

Other Lily Allen posts: Lily Allen bare all interview with 'extra'



Images courtesy of
daily mail and pop crunch


Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your article is informative & interesting kindly visit our blog
    Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a great article with us plz do visit us too Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete