Thursday 16 April 2009

Jamie Foxx apologises for slating Miley Cyrus

After a few days of bad press, Jamie Foxx has optimised his appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman by publically apologising to Singer Miley Cyrus for the inappropriate and scathing comments he made about the Hannah Montana star oh his popular radio show 'Foxxhole' this Sunday.

Amongst other damning comments during the show, Jamie thought it would be funny to suggest that 16 year old Miley Cyrus "catch a sexually transmitted disease, get a gum transplant, make a sex tape, smoke some crack or do some herion".


Watch Jamie's apology on The late show with David Letterman:





Miley handled the situation with some dignity, she did not react with an official response but posted a simple statement on her Twitter page saying: “If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.” I'm wonder what dad Billy Ray Cyrus thought of the comments made toward his teenage daughter?

In his apology, Jamie said:
“I so apologize … and this is sincere, I am a comedian, and you guys know that whatever I say, I don’t mean any of it. And sometimes, as comedians, as we do, we go a little bit too far. I have a radio show… We’re really the black Howard Stern. We go at everybody. There was a situation with Miley Cyrus, and I just want to say, I apologize for what I said. I didn’t mean it maliciously. You know I’m a comedian. You know my heart. Miley, I apologize, so I’ll call you. I got a daughter too, so I completely understand.”

The situation which Jamie was referring to is Cyrus being annoyed after an alleged incident where she was not allowed to meet the band Radiohead after the Grammy Awards. I think the trick might be knowing when to draw the line?


Twitter Facebook MySpace


Visit auction site FABRICJAM.COM™

DON'T FORGET:

Check out our brand new online auction site Fabricjam.com™

If you have any of your own items for sale, both new, handmade, customised, used or vintage, dig them out and try listing them for sale on the site.

You can sell anything you like that's feminine or fashionable such as Clothing, Footwear, Handbags and Accessories, Baby or Little girls clothing, Beauty products, Unused gift cards, Feminine home furnishings, Design patterns and Tools.

Our free listing policy means that you're always a winner as you lose nothing if your item doesn't sell!

images courtesy of: theinsider.com , bestdamnafternoonshow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment